Saturday, August 9, 2014

Im still here.

I decided to reactivate my blog to use as a tool to put all my thoughts down as a well constructed process.

So far i have been on every synthetic drug out there.   Tirosint/synthroid/generic/ t4/ t4 and t3.   Now I just started Levoxyl about 2 weeks ago.   My current protocol is I take 1/2 112  and 1/2  125 which is 118.5 total daily.   When i was taking synthroid, 125 was way too much.  And when i lowered it to 112 it was too little.  So on the Levoxyl I decided to start in the middle.   But so far it has not been too different than the synthroid.   I honestly feel like I am on too much, but my labs always show otherwise.  I also took Naturethroid, armour before my thyroid came out, and i truly believe that taking too much naturethroid was the reason i ended up having so many issues that caused me to have my thyroid removed.   I tried erfa after the removal, but i don't think i did it correctly, or was on the wrong dose.  I cant even remember what i was on it was so long ago.

I had my adrenals tested through quest a few weeks ago and through quest as i didnt really trust some of the online hokey companies and they tested perfect.

Current medications

125 / 112  split levoxyl taken at night before bed
.5 cc B12  injected weekly
10,000 D  every other day (down from every day)
.125 clonzepam at night  (down from 3 MG)
10 mg ambien nightly
digestive enxymes

I was taking 5 of cytomel split into 2 daily but that caused so much irritability and anxiety i had to drop it.

Currently I take my meds at 10 pm.   I am jolted out of bed with anxiety about 4 am.   Then i fall back to sleep.

I wake up feeling pretty good.   Then around 2 pm, ears start to ring, heart starts skipping or beating faster.   I start getting anxious and irritable.  Also brain fog and fatigue.  The fatigue is not overwhelming but i could probably lie down if given the chance.    Then as 3 pm and 4 pm approach, the ringing in my ears gets more intense.  sometimes it will change tones as well.  Sometimes the agitation from the anxiety is so intense its debilitating.  Then all of a sudden, the anxiety subsides slightly as the night comes on.  Then by bedtime, feeling pretty decent.  I take my ambien at and then about 25 mins later my thyroid and i go to bed.  Also the feeling to crack my neck and joints all the time.

My D level is 95  ranges 25-100
My B is 950  ranges 400-1100

I have tried gluten free, that does not work
I have had extensive ear work ups and blood tests done, all negative
I have had MRI's of my ears and brain all clean

Everything seems to point back to the thyroid or lack of (removed in 2010).  Its either;
1.  too much or too little meds
2.  the wrong meds
3.  my body doesn't like the meds

the biggest symptom is the ears clogged and ringing.     I have also started to think i need to try taking the thyroid hormone in the morning instead of at night but i cant believe this would make much of a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment