Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just got back from Houston thyroid center



Just returned back to Dallas, Texas from Houston thyroid and endocrine center.  I saw Dr. Fareed Elhaj.  He seemed genuinely concerned with my well being.  For those of you who would like to travel to see Dr. Elhaj, there is a Marriott hotel that is literally 500 yards from his office.  I drove there and never got back into my car until it was time to leave.

Dr. Elhaaj did a sonogram on me where he saw that the right side of my thyroid was inflamed.  I told him all my bizarre symptoms.  He seemed particularly concerned in the sweating episodes i get when my waves of shit come on.  Also he thought it was weird that my free t3 and free t4 are always within range but the tsh is way out of whack which makes him wonder if its a pituary issue.

He wants me to stop taking everything (im only taking testerosterone at this point) for 3 more weeks and then he wants me to have a blood panel done.  The things he is going to test me on are pretty much everything endocrine related.  I am anxious to have the tests done and get the tests back.  He wants to see the results of the tests and then I may go back to houston for futher testing or he may just do it over the phone.  the drive wasnt bad so Its not that big of a deal.

CBC
Comprehensive metabolic panel
hemoglobin a1c
tsh
t4 free
t3 free
t3 total
TPO antibodies
TSI  (for graves antibodies)
T3 uptake
LH
FSH
PSA total
Testosterone free and total
Prolactin
Cortisol
Metanephrines fractoned and free
DHEA sulfate

No comments:

Post a Comment