Friday, July 1, 2011
Metamorphosis of Hashimotos disease and its symptoms
A couple of people have written me asking me specific questions regarding their symptoms. I have found a noticeable similarity in their symptoms of early stages of the disease. I am in total belief that during the initial phases of the disease, the body undergoes a destruction phase, or a shock phase which can be described as hashitoxosis or hashitoxocosis.
I remember as a kid I always had a struggle keeping up with other kids my age. My weight fluctuated, and I had a hard time staying awake after school when studying. Often times I would go in my room to study only to wake up several hours later not realizing I fell asleep. Do you have this problem too? But it wasn't until August of 2009 when all of a sudden one day all of the weird symptoms began that I was able to realize that i finally "broke". Here I am 16 months later and my symptoms are much different than then. Even now, my symptoms are ever changing every single day. I think back to the horror of what i went through during the initial stages of the disease and am reminded when others write me with those same symptoms, scared and worried that there is no end in sight to this. Here were my symptoms for about the first 9 months in order of severity:
Horrible back pain. The pain felt like someone had their knuckle in my back right underneath my right shoulder blade. The pain radiated around to the front and ended underneath my rib cage. I had 3 back rhizotomys (cold water nerve destruction) to help with this pain. NO ONE could figure it out.
Knee pain. My knees hurt so bad. Was told that I had a weird rhumotology illness that causes arthritis. More kookery and wizardry from the mouths of people who only saw the nail from the hammer.
Thirst
Fatigue
Tremors
Anxiety
Galbladder pain
Feet pain
Sweaty
Memory problems (what did you just say?) had to write everything down. Thought first that i had dementia.
Weight loss, then weight gain
Nausea
Hard to sleep
Hard to wake up
Better after 5 pm
Then as time went on, my symptoms changed. The back pain eventually went away. The knee pain as well. I do recall how bad it was. felt like someone had a knife in my knee.
Then about 5 - 6 months ago I took a step back and realized my new symptoms
Felt like I smoked weed and then drank 10 cups of coffee
Horrible fatigue around 2:30- 3:00
Motion sickness
Anxiety, and agitation that was very extreme
Eye dryness
Hunger (air hunger - eat eat eat!)
Craving for salty foods like cheese, potato chips (found out later this was adrenal)
Better after 6PM
and the newest and most horrible symptom was EAR RINGING. High pitched, all the time.
Heart palps.
zero sex drive. zero
Taking thyroid of any kind only made the symptoms worse. And on top of that, my hands and arms fell asleep all the time. I had a weird buzzing in my head. Not to mention horrible diahreah about 1 hour after taking the meds and lasting for about 4 hours. Blank stare, could hardly use brain. It was locked up as if i was injected with rat poison. Also could now fall asleep but couldnt wake up.
Now im not on any thyroid. I actually feel much better. Ears still ring, fatigued, but im able to fall asleep, sleep for 7 hours and feel somewhat refreshed. Hands still shake, mainly if I dont eat for a while. My eyes get dry too. But that is about it. I am used to the ears ringing although it is very irritating all of the time. I guess I finally got used to it. The anxiety is there, but its not to the point where I have to lie down on the floor like in the beginning. I firmly believe that when you first get the antibodies, you do go through a metamorphisis but eventually level off. Not sure how long this takes, but i say to hang tight and dont believe the kookyness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thyroid nutritional supplements are an important part of hypothyroidism treatment. It can help hypothyroidism patients in several ways.
ReplyDelete